Thursday, September 4, 2008

Banging my head against the wall.

I was pissed when he finally got home at 7. Of course he didn't call. Big shocker there, even though we'd just talked it about less than 24 hours ago.
Even though I've been requesting a call if he's going to be more than 30 minutes.
Even though I've asked him to do this for YEARS.
Years and years of requests that have obviously gone in one ear and out the other.

I had taken his "suggestions" to heart and vacuumed the stairs and cleaned the bathroom floors and mopped and did all the regulr stuff too, but paid special attention to the stuff that was bugging him. However, it just made things worse that I'm willing to listen and change and he stays the same. BLAH!

I really let him have it after the kids went to bed and he was all, "If I'd known it was that big of a deal, I would have called. Sheesh."

That's when I started banging my head against the wall.

Arguing continued and then we made up. We'll see if things change but I've let it go. We're getting along fine now and things are fine.

3 comments:

Jess said...

Well, I'm glad things are fine. Perhaps this time was the breakthrough. If not, I'm serious--start banging HIS head against the wall and then see if he gets the message.

Mommy Daisy said...

Oh good, at least things are fine for now. I hope that he understands what an inconvenience it is for you to have him not call/come home late.

Sarah said...

All this talk of banging heads reminds me of high school, when my friends and I, rather than venting about something which we had already complained about numerous, numerous times, would just exchange glances and mouth to each other, "If only I had a brick wall..." The unspoken end of that sentence being, of course, "I would bang my head against it repeatedly."
Keep bangin', sister.