Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Fight, cont.

We hashed it out, but I can't say anything was resolved.
I hate to even admit it, but I can kind of see his side. I do spend a lot of time online, and while I DO deserve it, I also need to get offline sometimes.
Today I've tried to create a better balance and the house is still not that clean. Big shock.

We talked about other things too, like the lack of respect it shows when he can't even call when he's going to be late.
I told him that when he criticizes me in the manner he did and makes his "suggestions" I feel put down and unappreciated and all I can hear is "You're not good enough. You're not doing enough."

I told him how hard that is to hear when there are many days when I feel like I'm not even holding it all together. I'm barely hanging on and you're asking me to try harder!?

I don't think things were resolved. Despite me wanting to work it out, he eventually went to bed. I'm not sure where to go from here.

Also, I do partly blame his mother. She was one of those typical Southern women that you hear about, kwim?
Also, his parents did not cultivate a sense of how to treat your wife in him or his brothers. Very little affection (which he has overcome) and no thoughtfulness or romance. Irritating.

In spite of that, I don't feel so bitter about it anymore. I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing and he'll probably wisen up enough to shut up.

3 comments:

Paiten and Rori's Mom said...

Glad more talking was done. You have to show him how a man is suppose to be, he has not been pruned the proper way-not entirely his fault but he is a man now and needs to open his eyes and see what he is doing wrong and correct it!

Mommy Daisy said...

Well, that helps...a little. I always take any tiny criticism (or sometimes advise) to heart. It seems much worse to my ears (and heart) then what he intended. I think he's finally figuring that out after 8 years of marriage.

Saly said...

Ugh....men.